Monday, December 31, 2007

First Full Day part 2





After finishing at the Meijing Shrine we left to do some shopping. Right outside of the shrine is a large area where the teenagers hang out, they dress pretty weird and if you are lucky allow you to have your photo taken with them. We ending up walking to the Harishuku shopping district next, it was so packed full of people that you could hardly walk and breath. I did manage to get the best hot chocolate I have ever tasted. We continued to move on and managed to find our way to the Tokyo Tower. It's not as picturesque as the Eiffel Tower which it is said to be an exact replica off except I'm guess for the bright orange and white stripes. It was also very commercial, like everything else in Japan it's about selling you something. It was great to go up to the viewing gallery though and take a look at Tokyo, it was all alight for the holidays. After the Tower we finished our day off with a late dinner and birthday celebration for Albert at the Hard Rock Cafe. Visiting the Hard Rock at it's many locations is a bit of a tradition for Albert and he has quite a collection of drum sticks from around the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Harijuku was a great place to visit. They've got small shops where you can buy clothes quite inexpensively. Last time I went, I didn't bring any change of clothes with me so I went and bought some and spent a weekend in Tokyo. I got a shopping bag, which they were giving out for free, and spent two nights at a capsule hotel and they provided the much needed toiletries!